Monday, August 22, 2016
I tend to wing it with breakfasts and make whatever I think of in the morning.
However, I'm trying to get more organised (like with my 10 frugal dinner ideas, so today I'm listing our favourite breakfasts around here. (Mind you, they are not the favourite of everybody all the time. Lest you think life was that simple. Oh no, one kid will always love the breakfast that another kid hates with a passion. On those mornings, the kid who hates whatever I'm serving can just eat cereal or fruit.)
1. Porridge. This is super easy because I just pour all the ingredients into our Thermomix and it does the rest. S eats this one.
2. Boiled eggs. L and sometimes J like these, but only eat the egg whites. I get to eat lots of yolks on boiled egg days. (I put the eggs in a small saucepan of cold water and bring it to the boil, then take it off the heat and set the timer for 12 minutes. Done.)
3. Scrambled eggs with diced bacon stirred through. S and sometimes J will eat this. Not L.
4. Banana coconut pikelets. Everyone likes these, most of the time.
5. Vanilla or chocolate smoothies. S likes vanilla, L and J like chocolate, so I start off by making a vanilla smoothie and pour out a serve of that for Sophie and then I add a Tablespoon of cocoa (and sometimes a teaspoon of Maca powder) to make it chocolate for the other two.
What are your go-to breakfast recipes?
Posted by Emma at 6:53 PM