This vanilla smoothie is my childrens' absolute favourite flavour.
They request it nine times out of ten and always guzzle it down. It's really a banana smoothie with vanilla flavours, but if I call it banana, my kids don't want it as much.
I like to make a big amount so all three kids all have a full cup, and I can use the leftovers to make ice blocks and smoothie pouches in these nifty Kai Carriers for lunch box fillers.
- 3 bananas, fresh or frozen (frozen will result in a thicker, creamier smoothie)
- 1c vanilla or greek yoghurt
- 1/4c milk kefir, optional
- 1/4c pouring cream, optional
- 1-2c water or almond milk
- 3T vanilla protein powder
- 1t vanilla essence
Cut bananas into thirds and place in a blender with all the other ingredients. Whiz on high speed until smooth.