These grain-free chocolate raspberry muffins are a real hit in our family. Everyone loves their chocolatey molten deliciousness.
I try not to eat them too often these days, as they're not sugar-free, but I do make them for the girls sometimes and freeze them to pull out for nutrition-filled special treats.
Thank you to www.coconutoilshop.co.nz for providing coconut oil and coconut flour for my test kitchen.
- 1/2c honey
- 1/2c granulated sugar (I do a mixture of dextrose and unrefined sugar-cane sugar to reduce fructose and increase natural minerals)
- 1/2c extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2c cocoa
- 1/2c coconut flour
- 1/4c hazelnut or almond flour
- 1t salt
- 1/2t baking soda
- 6 eggs
- 1t vanilla essence
- 1c fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 160°C / 325°F.
- Melt honey, sugar and coconut oil together on a low heat.
- Mix cocoa, coconut flour, hazelnut flour, salt, baking soda, eggs and vanilla essence together in a large bowl and stir through the melted honey, sugar and coconut oil. Mix well to combine.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake patties (I prefer silicone) and fill the muffin tin with batter.
- Sprinkle each muffin with a few raspberries.
- Bake at 160°C / 325°F for 18-20 minutes. (The shorter time will give you a molten core, whereas the longer time will give you a more solid muffin.)
These muffins are beautiful fresh, refrigerated or straight from the freezer. They make great lunchbox fillers.
~ Browse more Craving Fresh recipes here ~