Square Metre Gardening has got me excitedly designing my own new garden spaces in the blank slate that is my backyard.
What I love about this book is that it outlines the system of square metre gardening really clearly and provides excellent visuals to accompany all instructions.
In Square Metre Gardening, Mel Bartholomew explains:
- why this system works better than traditional row gardening (more space efficient, time efficient and cost effective)
- how you can set it up in your own space, whatever that might look like
- what materials you will need to build your box (and how to build it)
- what materials you will need to fill your box (and why)
- how to compost so you can continue replenishing your box a little each planting without ever needing commercial fertilisers
- how to grow all sorts of different plants well in this type of system
- how to extend your growing season
- how to involve children in square metre gardening
|Example of a square metre garden from giiablog.wordpress.com|
I will be sure to share on Craving Fresh when I get my own square metre garden off the ground.
Have you tried square metre gardening? Let me know in the comments how it works for you.