These Cashew Parmesan Kale Chips are so moreish and good for you.
They really are the perfect healthy snack when you're craving something salty and crunchy, but don't want to eat potato chips you'll regret later.
If you're lucky like me, your kids won't want a bar of them, so you'll be able to savour the whole lot yourself.
This is a Trim Healthy Mama 'S' recipe.
- 6 large kale leaves
- 1/3c olive oil
- 1/3c finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3c roasted cashews, crushed or finely chopped (the finer the better these will stick to your kale)
- Himalayan Rock Salt or Celtic Sea Salt, to taste
- Remove stalks from kale leaves and break the leaves into big chunks.
- Rinse leaves thoroughly in a bowl of water and drain through a colander or in a salad spinner. Dab leaves dry with a paper towel to remove any excess water.
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil, parmesan cheese, crushed cashews and salt.
- Place rinsed kale leaves in the bowl of seasonings and use your hands to rub the mixture all over the leaves.
- Place seasoned kale leaves in a dehydrator and dry on lowest setting overnight. (If you don't have a dehydrator, place the leaves in an oven tray and dry at your oven's lowest setting for about 1.5 hours. Check leaves from 45 minutes onwards, and remove any completely dry ones.)
*For a dairy-free recipe, replace the Parmesan cheese with 1-2 Tablespoons of Nutritional Yeast.
*For a nut-free recipe, replace the cashews with 1/3c lightly toasted and crushed sunflower seeds.
*For an even more super-foodie snack, you could replace the olive oil with coconut oil. This isn't something I've tried, so let me know what the end result is like if you give it a go.