Just because you're eating in doesn't mean you can't eat well. Why not go all out on your Valentine's Day meal, with drinks, appetisers, mains and desserts?
The ladies from the Nourished Living Network and I have already started putting together a selection of gorgeous real food recipes you might like to make for your loved one on Valentine's Day. These recipes taste uh-mazing, and also happen to be good for the person you love so much.
So far you can check out breakfast recipes here and party drinks here. (More recipes to come as the Progressive Dinner Party continues over the next few days.)
My contribution this Valentine's Day is this Mexican Queso cheese dip, which I fell in love with as a girl living in Colorado many moons ago. Its flavour stuck in my memory through the years, until I managed to get my hands on the recipe and began making it for myself.
- 1T cooking oil
- 2 spring onions, diced
- 2t cumin seeds
- 1t ground coriander
- 150g salsa (half a jar)
- 60g cream cheese (I made my own using raw milk and a cheesecloth.)
- 3/4c sharp cheddar cheese
1. Fry spring onions, cumin seeds and coriander in oil for around 2 minutes.
2. Add the salsa and cream cheese and cook over a low heat until cream cheese has melted.
3. Add cheddar cheese and continue cooking until it has also melted.
Serve warm or cool with corn chips and/or chopped vegetables.