Lily and I drink lots of smoothies, all year round. When I can't think of what to make us for lunch, I usually default to a smoothie because it's delicious and nutritious.
We play around with lots of different smoothie combinations, but one that Lily and I both really enjoy is strawberry mango.
- 250mls milk kefir or plain yoghurt
- 1-2 bananas (fresh or frozen)
- 6 strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 small avocado (peeled and de-stoned)
- 1 mango (peeled and de-stoned), or 1 tin of sliced mango in juice/light syrup
1. Prepare all ingredients and place in a blender.
2. Whiz for one to two minutes and pour into a glass or mug to serve.
This recipe makes enough for 4-6 serves, so I pour some of the leftovers into ice-block moulds and the rest into a jar so we can drink more with dinner.
- If using tinned mango, the mango syrup makes this smoothie really sweet. Sometimes I separate it out and freeze it to use later. That way one tin of mango spreads over to make two, less sweet smoothies.
- The avocado makes this smoothie really creamy and doesn't colour it green. If you wanted to make a dairy-free version, you could easily replace the kefir with water because the banana and avocado would still give this smoothie a lovely creamy texture.